Tuesday, March 20, 2007

mountain meadows



What is it about a mountain meadow that is so relaxing? It's kind of like the beach - you just want to set up a chair and enjoy the view.
I've never been much of a mountain photographer, in part because when I'm up in the mountains I just want to kick back, explore, and observe without documenting everything. Another issue is carrying equipment when trying to travel light. That said, I do enjoy seeing mountain images of all kinds. If you haven't seen the work of Galen Rowell, check out the 'Mountain Light' link on my blog - he was one of the masters.

First photo of High Sierra meadow by Brian Klinowski

Second photo of Horsehoe Meadow, Golden Trout Wilderness, Sequoia National Forest by Cristalen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem as you. When exploring mountains, I do not have enough time for perfect photos, cause I just take one route after another. But your photos are great:)
Just like in Polish Tatra mountains...

Fred
---
Hostel Zakopane in Tatra mountains